Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Genitourinary Cancer
- Cancer statistics, 2015.CA Cancer J Clin. 2015; 65: 5-29
- Stage at diagnosis and early mortality from cancer in England.Br J Cancer. 2015; 112: S108-S115
- EAU guidelines on prostate cancer. part 1: screening, diagnosis, and local treatment with curative intent-update 2013.Eur Urol. 2014; 65: 124-137
- EAU guidelines on prostate cancer. Part II: treatment of advanced, relapsing, and castration-resistant prostate cancer.Eur Urol. 2014; 65: 467-479
- Use of the Internet and ratings of information sources for medical decisions: results from the DECISIONS survey.Med Decis Making. 2010; 30: 106S-114S
Borgmann H, Wolm JH, Vallo S, et al. Prostate Cancer on the Web-expedient tool for patients’ decision-making? J Cancer Educ, Published online Aug 4, 2015. doi:10.1007/s13187-015-0891-3
- Satisfaction with information used to choose prostate cancer treatment.J Urol. 2014; 191: 1265-1271
- Robot-assisted versus open radical prostatectomy: the differential effect of regionalization, procedure volume and operative approach.J Urol. 2013; 189: 1289-1294
- Consumerism and its impact on robotic-assisted radical prostatectomy.BJU Int. 2011; 108: 1874-1878
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of studies reporting urinary continence recovery after robot-assisted radical prostatectomy.Eur Urol. 2012; 62: 405-417
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of studies reporting potency rates after robot-assisted radical prostatectomy.Eur Urol. 2012; 62: 418-430
- Direct-to-consumer Internet promotion of robotic prostatectomy exhibits varying quality of information.Health Aff (Millwood). 2012; 31: 760-769
Statista: The Statistics Portal. Worldwide market share of leading search engines. Available at: http://www.statista.com/statistics/216573/worldwide-market-share-of-search-engines. Accessed August 8, 2015.
Petrescu P. Google Organic Click-Through Rates in 2014. Available at: https://moz.com/blog/google-organic-click-through-rates-in-2014. Accessed August 8, 2015.
- Assessing, controlling, and assuring the quality of medical information on the Internet: caveant lector et viewor–elt the reader and viewer beware.JAMA. 1997; 277: 1244-1245
- DISCERN: an instrument for judging the quality of written consumer health information on treatment choices.J Epidemiol Comm Health. 1999; 53: 105-111
- Radical prostatectomy: long-term cancer control and recovery of sexual and urinary function (“trifecta”).Urology. 2005; 66: 83-94
- The Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.Lancet. 2007; 370: 1453-1457
- Assessment of the quality of Internet information on sleeve gastrectomy.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2015; 11: 539-544
- Evaluating the quality of Internet health resources in pediatric urology.J Pediatr Urol. 2013; 9: 151-156
- Health information on internet: quality, importance, and popularity of persian health web sites.Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2014; 16: e12866
- Breast cancer on the world wide web: cross sectional survey of quality of information and popularity of Web sites.BMJ. 2002; 324: 577-581
- The quality of information available on the internet about aortic aneurysm and its endovascular treatment.Rev Esp Cardiol. 2011; 64 ([in Spanish]): 869-875
United States Government: Section 508. Opening doors to IT. Available at: http://www.access-board.gov/guidelines-and-standards/communications-and-it/about-the-section-508-standards/section-508-standards. Accessed August 8, 2015.
- Coronary angioplasty and the internet: what can patients searching online expect to find?.J Intervent Cardiol. 2012; 25: 476-481
- Readability assessment of online urology patient education materials.J Urol. 2013; 189: 1048-1052
- Health Literacy: A Manual for Clinicians.American Medical Association, American Medical Foundation, Chicago, IL2003
- Adults with poor reading skills: how lexical knowledge interacts with scores on standardized reading comprehension tests.Cognition. 2016; 146: 453-469
- eHealth literacy and Web 2.0 health information seeking behaviors among baby boomers and older adults.J Med Internet Res. 2015; 17: e70
- Development and evaluation of the personal patient profile-prostate (P3P), a Web-based decision support system for men newly diagnosed with localized prostate cancer.J Med Internet Res. 2010; 12: e67
- Analysis of the quality of information obtained about uterine artery embolization from the internet.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2012; 35: 1355-1362
Intuitive Surgical. Annual Report 2014. Available at: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc0MjUxfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1. Accessed August 8, 2015.
- Health-related quality of life following radical prostatectomy: long-term outcomes.Qual Life Res. 2014; 23: 2309-2317
U.S. National Library of Medicine. MedlinePlus. How to Write Easy-to-Read Health Materials. Available at: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/etr.html. Accessed December 7, 2015.