Gemcitabine and cisplatin (GC) chemotherapy is now preferred as the first-line chemotherapy for urothelial carcinoma.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Genitourinary Cancer
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- M-VAC (methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin and cisplatin) for advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium.J Urol. 1988; 139: 461-469
- Gemcitabine and cisplatin versus methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin in advanced or metastatic bladder cancer: results of a large, randomized, multinational, multicenter, phase III study.J Clin Oncol. 2000; 18: 3068-3077
- Randomized phase III trial of high-dose-intensity methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (MVAC) chemotherapy and recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor versus classic MVAC in advanced urothelial tract tumors: European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Protocol no. 30924.J Clin Oncol. 2001; 19: 2638-2646
- Prospective, open-label, randomized, phase III study of two dose-dense regimens MVAC versus gemcitabine/cisplatin in patients with inoperable, metastatic or relapsed urothelial cancer: a Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group study (HE 16/03).Ann Oncol. 2013; 24: 1011-1017
- Administration of gemcitabine and cisplatin in cancer patients with renal failure under hemodialysis.J BUON. 2013; 18: 1058-1061
- Pharmacokinetics of cisplatin and methotrexate after M-VAC chemotherapy for advanced urothelial cancer in hemodialysis patients.Int J Urol. 2008; 15: 949-950
- Successful management of metastatic urothelial carcinoma with gemcitabine and Paclitaxel chemotherapy in a hemodialysis patient.Urol Int. 2011; 87: 245-247
- Proposal for dosage adjustment and timing of chemotherapy in hemodialyzed patients.Ann Oncol. 2010; 21: 1395-1403
- Pharmacokinetics of gemcitabine in a patient with end-stage renal disease: effective clearance of its main metabolite by standard hemodialysis treatment.Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2003; 51: 266-270
- Measurement of plasma concentration of gemcitabine and its metabolite dFdU in hemodialysis patients with advanced urothelial cancer.Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2008; 38: 182-185
- A phase I clinical, plasma, and cellular pharmacology study of gemcitabine.J Clin Oncol. 1991; 9: 491-498
- Investigation of the pharmacokinetics of gemcitabine and 2',2'-difluorodeoxyuridine in human plasma by liquid chromatography.Anal Biochem. 2004; 322: 234-237
- Clinical and pharmacological studies with cis-diamminedichloroplatinum (II).Cancer Res. 1973; 33: 1310-1315
- Clinical kinetics on intact cisplatin and some related species.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1981; 29: 658-664
- Relationship between the exposure to cisplatin, DNA-adduct formation in leucocytes and tumour response in patients with solid tumours.Br J Cancer. 1996; 73: 1569-1575
- Pharmacokinetics of cisplatin and methotrexate in a patient suffering from advanced ureteral tumor accompanied by chronic renal failure, undergoing combined hemodialysis and systemic M-VAC chemotherapy.Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2000; 27 ([In Japanese]): 2079-2085
Published online: February 08, 2016
Accepted: January 31, 2016
Received in revised form: January 25, 2016
Received: December 25, 2015
© 2016 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.