In the present case, a patient with locally advanced primary bladder carcinoma (PBC) after renal transplantation was successfully treated with gemcitabine and paclitaxel combined with radiotherapy, and no severe adverse effects were observed.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Genitourinary Cancer
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Development of urologic de novo malignancies after renal transplantation.Transplant Proc. 2014; 46: 170-175
- Bladder cancer in renal allograft recipients: risk factors and outcomes.Transplant Proc. 2014; 46: 3466-3473
- Management of bladder cancer after renal transplantation.Urology. 2013; 81: 813-819
- Sarcomatoid carcinoma of the bladder after simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplant: a case report and review of the literature.BMJ Case Rep. 2012; 2012
- Malignancies after kidney transplantation: Hong Kong renal registry.Am J Transplant. 2012; 12: 3039-3046
- Transitional cell carcinoma in renal transplant recipients: a single center experience.Int J Urol. 2008; 15: 53-57
- Distinguishing characteristics of urothelial carcinoma in kidney transplant recipients between China and Western countries.Transplant Proc. 2013; 45: 2197-2202
- Urothelial cancer after renal transplantation: an update.Transplant Proc. 2012; 44: 744-745
- A retrospective review of patients with urothelial cancer in 3,370 recipients after renal transplantation: a single-center experience.World J Urol. 2015; 33: 713-717
- Primary ovary transitional cell carcinoma after renal transplantation.J Chin Med Assoc. 2011; 74: 230-232
- Randomized phase III study comparing paclitaxel/cisplatin/gemcitabine and gemcitabine/cisplatin in patients with locally advanced or metastatic urothelial cancer without prior systemic therapy: EORTC Intergroup Study 30987.J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: 1107-1113
- Feasibility of pre- and postoperative gemcitabine-plus-cisplatin systemic chemotherapy for the treatment of locally advanced urothelial carcinoma in kidney transplant patients.Transplant Proc. 2013; 45: 3293-3297
- Successful treatment of metastatic urothelial carcinoma arising in a transplanted renal allograft with paclitaxel, cisplatin, and gemcitabine combination therapy: a case report.BMC Res Notes. 2015; 8: 25
- Cisplatin-based chemotherapy in renal transplant recipients: a case report and a review of the literature.Cancer. 1996; 77: 160-163
- MVAC-therapy for advanced urothelial carcinoma in an anuric renal transplant recipient.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2000; 15: 110-112
Published online: February 20, 2016
Accepted: February 14, 2016
Received: January 22, 2016
© 2016 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.