First-line treatment for non–clear-cell renal cell carcinoma (RCC) subtypes include the mTOR inhibitor, everolimus, and the tyrosine kinase inhibitor, sunitinib, though outcomes for metastatic non–clear-cell variants of RCC remain poor.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Genitourinary Cancer
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Cancer statistics, 2012.CA Cancer J Clin. 2012; 62: 10-29
- The genetic basis of kidney cancer: a metabolic disease.Nat Rev Urol. 2010; 7: 277-285
- Papillary (chromophil) renal cell carcinoma: histomorphologic characteristics and evaluation of conventional pathologic prognostic parameters in 62 cases.Am J Surg Pathol. 1997; 21: 621-635
- The Heidelberg classification of renal cell tumours.J Pathol. 1997; 183: 131-133
- 2004 WHO classification of the renal tumors of the adults.Eur Urol. 2006; 49: 798-805
- Adult papillary renal tumor with oncocytic cells: clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and cytogenetic features of 10 cases.Am J Surg Pathol. 2005; 29: 1576-1581
- Ataxia-telangiectasia: from a rare disorder to a paradigm for cell signalling and cancer.Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2008; 9: 759-769
- The impact of a negligent G2/M checkpoint on genomic instability and cancer induction.Nat Rev Cancer. 2007; 7: 861-869
- Ataxia telangiectasia: a human mutation with abnormal radiation sensitivity.Nature. 1975; 258: 427-429
- COSMIC: exploring the world's knowledge of somatic mutations in human cancer.Nucleic Acids Res. 2015; 43: D805-D811
- The cBio cancer genomics portal: an open platform for exploring multidimensional cancer genomics data.Cancer Discov. 2012; 2: 401-404
- Integrative analysis of complex cancer genomics and clinical profiles using the cBioPortal.Sci Signal. 2013; 6: pl1
- ATM deficiency sensitizes mantle cell lymphoma cells to poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 inhibitors.Mol Cancer Ther. 2010; 9: 347-357
- Exploiting the homologous recombination DNA repair network for targeted cancer therapy.World J Clin Oncol. 2011; 2: 73-79
- The PARP inhibitor olaparib induces significant killing of ATM-deficient lymphoid tumor cells in vitro and in vivo.Blood. 2010; 116: 4578-4587
- Enhanced cytotoxicity of PARP inhibition in mantle cell lymphoma harbouring mutations in both ATM and p53.EMBO Mol Med. 2012; 4: 515-527
- Role of PARP inhibitors in cancer biology and therapy.Curr Med Chem. 2012; 19: 3907-3921
- The ups and downs of DNA repair biomarkers for PARP inhibitor therapies.Am J Cancer Res. 2011; 1: 301-327
- DNA repair pathways as targets for cancer therapy.Nat Rev Cancer. 2008; 8: 193-204
- DNA-repair defects and olaparib in metastatic prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 1697-1708
- Trends in metastatic kidney cancer survival from the cytokine to the targeted therapy era.Urology. 2015; 86: 262-268
Published online: March 12, 2016
Accepted: March 7, 2016
Received: February 11, 2016
D.O. and S.B. contributed equally to this work as first authors.
© 2016 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.