Pazopanib, an oral multitargeted tyrosine inhibitor, is approved for the treatment of advanced and/or metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) as the first-line treatment. However, no information is available regarding the dosage adjustment of pazopanib for patients undergoing hemodialysis. Therefore, evaluation of the influence of dialysis treatment on pazopanib pharmacokinetics is needed.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Genitourinary Cancer
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Renal-cell carcinoma.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 2477-2490
- Pazopanib versus sunitinib in metastatic renal-cell carcinoma.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 722-731
- Randomized, controlled, double-blind, cross-over trial assessing treatment preference for pazopanib versus sunitinib in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma: PISCES Study.J Clin Oncol. 2014; 32: 1412-1418
- Onco-nephrology: current concepts and future perspectives.Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2015; 45: 617-628
- A phase I study of the pharmacokinetic and safety profiles of oral pazopanib with a high-fat or low-fat meal in patients with advanced solid tumors.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2010; 88: 818-823
- Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic correlation from mouse to human with pazopanib, a multikinase angiogenesis inhibitor with potent antitumor and antiangiogenic activity.Mol Cancer Ther. 2007; 6: 2012-2021
- Relationships between pazopanib exposure and clinical safety and efficacy in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma.Br J Cancer. 2014; 111: 1909-1916
- Pazopanib for the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma.Clin Ther. 2012; 34: 511-520
- Outcomes of patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma and end-stage renal disease receiving dialysis and targeted therapies: a single institution experience.Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2014; 12: 348-353
- Feasibility, efficacy and safety of tyrosine kinase inhibitor treatment in hemodialyzed patients with renal cell cancer: 10 years of experience.Future Oncol. 2015; 11: 2267-2282
- Management of dose variability and side effects for individualized cancer pharmacotherapy with tyrosine kinase inhibitors.Pharmacol Ther. 2015; 152: 125-134
- Pharmacokinetics of sunitinib in hemodialysis.Ann Oncol. 2009; 20: 190-192
- Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic analysis of a hemodialyzed patient treated with 25 mg of sunitinib.Case Rep Oncol. 2012; 5: 627-632
- Tolerable sorafenib therapy for a renal cell carcinoma patient with hemodialysis: a case study.Int J Clin Oncol. 2010; 15: 512-514
- Pharmacokinetics of erlotinib and its active metabolite OSI-420 in patients with non-small cell lung cancer and chronic renal failure who are undergoing hemodialysis.J Thorac Oncol. 2010; 5: 601-605
- Proposal for dosage adjustment and timing of chemotherapy in hemodialyzed patients.Ann Oncol. 2010; 21: 1395-1403
- Phase I trial of pazopanib in patients with advanced cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2009; 15: 4220-4227
Published online: March 24, 2016
Accepted: March 19, 2016
Received: March 17, 2016
© 2016 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.