Standard treatment for distal urethral carcinomas has been partial penectomy, but penile-preserving methods have recently been suggested as an organ-sparing treatment option.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Genitourinary Cancer
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Rare cancers are not so rare: the rare cancer burden in Europe.Eur J Cancer. 2011; 47: 2493-2511
- Incidence and survival of rare urogenital cancers in Europe.Eur J Cancer. 2012; 48: 456-464
- Penile-preserving surgery for male distal urethral carcinoma.BJU Int. 2007; 100: 82-87
- Guidelines on Penile Cancer.(Available at:)Accessed: April 22, 2017)
- EAU Guidelines on Primary Urethral Carcinoma.(Available at:)Accessed: April 22, 2017)
- Sobin L.H. Gospodariwicz M. Wittekind C. TNM Classification of Malignant Tumors. UICC International Union Against Cancer. 7th ed. Wiley-Blackwell, New York2009: 266-269
- Clinical outcome of 36 male patients with primary urethral carcinoma: a single center experience.Int J Urol. 2006; 13: 716-720
- Therapy and prognosis for male anterior urethral carcinoma: an update.Urology. 1994; 43: 506-514
- Urethral cancer.Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2012; 26: 1291-1314
- Occult distal urethral carcinoma presenting as metastatic carcinoma in the inguinal lymph nodes.Scand J Urol. 2015; 49: 79-80
- Urethral carcinoma in situ: recognition and management.Int Urol Nephrol. 2017; 49: 637-641
- Distal urethrectomy for localized penile squamous carcinoma in situ extending into the urethra: an updated series.Int Urol Nephrol. 2014; 46: 1551-1555
- MP10–16 Substitution urethroplasty for treatment of distal urethral carcinoma and carcinoma in situ.J Urol. 2015; 193: e117
- Clinicopathological features of carcinoma of the distal penile urethra.Semin Diagn Pathol. 2015; 32: 238-244
- Basaloid squamous cell carcinoma: a distinctive human papilloma virus-related penile neoplasm: a report of 20 cases.Am J Surg Pathol. 1998; 22: 755-761
- The role of pathologic prognostic factors in squamous cell carcinoma of the penis.World J Urol. 2009; 27: 169-177
Published online: July 13, 2017
Accepted: July 9, 2017
Received: June 18, 2017
© 2017 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.