- •The present study showed that a low AAPR is associated with poor prongosis in patients with non-metastatic RCC treated with radical or partial nephrectomy.
- •Moreover, AAPR increased the accuracy of multivariable base models using standard prognostic factors, and this result remained almost significant after propensity score weighting.
- •AAPR could be used as an adjunct of established prognostic factors and might be a valuable tool for patient counseling and clinical practice in patients with non-metastatic RCC treated with radical or partial nephrectomy
Patients and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Renal cancer.Lance. 2016; 387: 894-906
- EAU guidelines on renal cell carcinoma: 2014 update.Eur Urol. 2015; 67: 913-924
- Albumin-to-alkaline phosphatase ratio: a novel prognostic index for hepatocellular carcinoma.Dis Markers. 2015; 2015564057https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/564057
- Albumin-to-alkaline phosphatase ratio as a novel prognostic indicator for patients undergoing minimally invasive lung cancer surgery: Propensity score matching analysis using a prospective database.Int J Surg. 2019; 69: 32-42https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsu.2019.08.006
- The prognostic value of albumin-to-alkaline phosphatase ratio before radical radiotherapy in patients with non-metastatic nasopharyngeal carcinoma: a propensity score matching analysis.Cancer Res Treat. 2019; 51: 1313-1323https://doi.org/10.4143/crt.2018.503
- Albumin-to-alkaline phosphatase ratio: A novel prognostic index of overall survival in cholangiocarcinoma patients after surgery.World J Gastrointest Oncol. 2019; 11: 39-47https://doi.org/10.4251/wjgo.v11.i1.39
- The prognostic significance of Albumin-to-Alkaline Phosphatase Ratio in upper tract urothelial carcinoma.Sci Rep. 2018; 8: 12311https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-29833-5
- Prognostic value of the albumin-to-alkaline phosphatase ratio on urologic outcomes in patients with non-metastatic renal cell carcinoma following curative nephrectomy.J Cancer. 2019; 10: 5494-5503https://doi.org/10.7150/jca.34029
- Prognostic significance of morphologic parameters in renal cell carcinoma.Am J Surg Pathol. 1982; 6: 655-663
- An introduction to propensity score methods for reducing the effects of confounding in observational studies.Multivariate Behav Res. 2011; 46: 399-424
- Cancer-related inflammation.Nature. 2008; 454: 436-444https://doi.org/10.1038/nature07205
- The cancer cachexia syndrome: a review of metabolic and clinical manifestations.Nutr Clin Pract. 2005; 20: 369-376
- Human serum albumin, systemic inflammation, and cirrhosis.J Hepatol. 2014; 61: 396-407https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhep.2014.04.012
- Immunity, inflammation, and cancer.Cell. 2010; 140: 883-899https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2010.01.025