- •No predictive biomarker of immune related adverse events exists.
- •We assessed the predictive value of ANA for toxicity of pembrolizumab.
- •Presence of ANA >160 was significantly associated with iRAE and limiting toxicity.
- •iRAE tend to occur before the third cycle for patients with ANA >1/160.
- •We found no association between efficacy parameters and ANA >1/160.
Patients and Method
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pembrolizumab as second-line therapy for advanced urothelial carcinoma.N Engl J Med. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1613683
- Avelumab maintenance therapy for advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma.N Engl J Med. 2020; 383: 1218-1230https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa2002788
Cancer today n.d, 2020. Available at: http://gco.iarc.fr/today/home. Accessed February 22, 2021.
- EULAR/ACR classification criteria for SLE.Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2019; 49: S14-S17https://doi.org/10.1016/j.semarthrit.2019.09.009
- Impact of preexisting antinuclear antibodies on combined immunotherapy and chemotherapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients.Med Oncol. 2020 Nov 11; 37: 111
- Profiling preexisting antibodies in patients treated with anti-pd-1 therapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer.JAMA Oncol. 2019; 5: 376-383https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaoncol.2018.5860
- Early blood rise in auto-antibodies to nuclear and smooth muscle antigens is predictive of prolonged survival and autoimmunity in metastatic-non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with PD-1 immune-check point blockade by nivolumab.Mol Clin Oncol. 2019; 11: 81-90https://doi.org/10.3892/mco.2019.1859
- Prognostic factors in patients with advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelial tract experiencing treatment failure with platinum-containing regimens.J Clin Oncol Off J Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2010; 28: 1850-1855https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2009.25.4599
- iRECIST: guidelines for response criteria for use in trials testing immunotherapeutics.Lancet Oncol. 2017; 18: e143-e152https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(17)30074-8
- Baseline circulating IL-17 predicts toxicity while TGF-β1 and IL-10 are prognostic of relapse in ipilimumab neoadjuvant therapy of melanoma.J Immunother Cancer. 2015; 3https://doi.org/10.1186/s40425-015-0081-1
- Antibody-mediated thyroid dysfunction during T-cell checkpoint blockade in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer.Ann Oncol Off J Eur Soc Med Oncol. 2017; 28: 583-589https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdw640
- Endocrine toxicity of cancer immunotherapy targeting immune checkpoints.Endocr Rev. 2018; 40: 17-65https://doi.org/10.1210/er.2018-00006
- Thyroid toxicity following immune checkpoint inhibitor treatment in advanced cancer.Thyroid Off J Am Thyroid Assoc. 2020; 30: 1458-1469https://doi.org/10.1089/thy.2020.0032
- Nivolumab-related myasthenia gravis with myositis and myocarditis in Japan.Neurology. 2017; 89: 1127-1134https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0000000000004359
- Myasthenia gravis: an emerging toxicity of immune checkpoint inhibitors.Eur J Cancer Oxf Engl. 2017; 82 (1990): 128-136https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2017.05.041
- The impact of body composition parameters on severe toxicity of nivolumab.Eur J Cancer Oxf Engl. 2020; 124 (1990): 170-177https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2019.11.003
- Intestinal microbiome analyses identify melanoma patients at risk for checkpoint-blockade-induced colitis.Nat Commun. 2016; 7https://doi.org/10.1038/ncomms10391
- Management of toxicities from immunotherapy: ESMO clinical practice guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up.Ann Oncol. 2017; 28 (iv119-42)https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdx225
- Targeting neoantigens to augment antitumour immunity.Nat Rev Cancer. 2017; 17: 209-222https://doi.org/10.1038/nrc.2016.154
- Towards new horizons: characterization, classification and implications of the tumour antigenic repertoire.Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2020; 17: 595-610https://doi.org/10.1038/s41571-020-0387-x
- Moving towards personalized treatments of immune-related adverse events.Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2020; 17: 504-515https://doi.org/10.1038/s41571-020-0352-8
- Cardiovascular toxicity and titin cross-reactivity of affinity-enhanced T cells in myeloma and melanoma.Blood. 2013; 122: 863-871https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2013-03-490565
- Autoimmunity correlates with tumor regression in patients with metastatic melanoma treated with anti-cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4.J Clin Oncol Off J Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 6043-6053https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2005.06.205
- First-line pembrolizumab in cisplatin-ineligible patients with locally advanced and unresectable or metastatic urothelial cancer (KEYNOTE-052): a multicentre, single-arm, phase 2 study.Lancet Oncol. 2017; 18: 1483-1492https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(17)30616-2
Submitted: Jun 2, 2021; Revised: Nov 12, 2021; Accepted: Apr 11, 2022