- •An ambispective chart review of patients with la/mUC following PD-1/L1 therapy.
- •Following PD-1/L1 inhibitor discontinuation, only one third received subsequent treatment.
- •OS was longer in patients who received additional therapy following discontinuation of PD-1/L1 inhibitor.
- •Real-world outcomes in patients with la/mUC following PD-1/L1 therapy are poor.
Abbreviations:1L (first-line), 2L (second-line), 3L (third-line), BPI-SF (Brief Pain Inventory—Short Form), ECOG PS (Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status), EORTC (European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer), EV (enfortumab vedotin-ejfv), FDA (Food and Drug Administration), FGFR (fibroblast growth factor receptor), HRQoL (health-related quality of life), IRB (institutional review board), la (locally advanced), m (metastatic), ONCS (Medical Oncologists and Hematologists/Oncologists), PD-1 (programmed death receptor-1), PD-L1 (programmed death-ligand 1), PRO (patient-reported outcome), QLQ-C30 ([Health-Related] Quality of Life Questionnaire), SD (standard deviation), SG (sacituzumab govitecan), UC (urothelial carcinoma)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pembrolizumab as Second-Line Therapy for Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 1015-1026
- Atezolizumab versus chemotherapy in patients with platinum-treated locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma (IMvigor211): a multicentre, open-label, phase 3 randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2018; 391: 748-757
National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Bladder Cancer (Version 6.2021). 2021. Available at: https://www.nccn.org/guidelines/guidelines-detail?category=1&id=1417. Accessed: 21 October, 2021.
- Atezolizumab in patients with locally advanced and metastatic urothelial carcinoma who have progressed following treatment with platinum-based chemotherapy: a single-arm, multicentre, phase 2 trial.Lancet. 2016; 387: 1909-1920
- Pembrolizumab alone or combined with chemotherapy versus chemotherapy as first-line therapy for advanced urothelial carcinoma (KEYNOTE-361): a randomised, open-label, phase 3 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2021; 22: 931-945
- Atezolizumab with or without chemotherapy in metastatic urothelial cancer (IMvigor130): a multicentre, randomised, placebo-controlled phase 3 trial.Lancet. 2020; 395: 1547-1557
US Food and Drug Administration. FDA approves avelumab for urothelial carcinoma maintenance treatment. 2020. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-approvals-and-databases/fda-approves-avelumab-urothelial-carcinoma-maintenance-treatment#:∼:text=Efficacy%20of%20avelumab%20for%20maintenance,to%20six%20cycles%20of%20first%2D. Accessed: 14 September 2021.
- Treatment patterns among patients with advanced urothelial carcinoma following discontinuation of PD1/L1 inhibitor therapy.J Clin Oncol. 2021; 39 (414–414)
- Real-world outcomes in patients with locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma receiving taxane monotherapy following platinum and anti-PD-1/L1 therapy.J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38 (458–458)
- C27 Real world burden of illness and unmet need in locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma following discontinuation of PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitor therapy: a Medicare claims database analysis.J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2019; 25: S34
US Food and Drug Administration. FDA grants regular approval to enfortumab vedotin-ejfv for locally advanced or metastatic urothelial cancer. 2021. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/resources-information-approved-drugs/fda-grants-regular-approval-enfortumab-vedotin-ejfv-locally-advanced-or-metastatic-urothelial-cancer. Accessed: 6 September 2021.
- Enfortumab Vedotin in Previously Treated Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma.N Engl J Med. 2021; 384: 1125-1135
- Enfortumab vedotin after PD-1 or PD-L1 inhibitors in cisplatin-ineligible patients with advanced urothelial carcinoma (EV‑201): a multicentre, single-arm, phase 2 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2021; 22: 872-882
US Food and Drug Administration. FDA grants accelerated approval to erdafitinib for metastatic urothelial carcinoma. 2019. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/resources-information-approved-drugs/fda-grants-accelerated-approval-erdafitinib-metastatic-urothelial-carcinoma. Accessed: 24 March 2021.
- Erdafitinib in Locally Advanced or Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 338-348
US Food and Drug Administration. FDA grants accelerated approval to sacituzumab govitecan for advanced urothelial cancer. 2021. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/resources-information-approved-drugs/fda-grants-accelerated-approval-sacituzumab-govitecan-advanced-urothelial-cancer. Accessed: 6 September 2021.
- Epidemiology and treatment patterns for locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma: a systematic literature review and gap analysis.J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2021; 27: 240-255
- Quality of life research within the EORTC-the EORTC QLQ-C30. European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer.Eur J Cancer. 2002; 38: S125-S133
- The European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer QLQ-C30: a quality-of-life instrument for use in international clinical trials in oncology.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1993; 85: 365-376
MD Anderson Cancer Center. The Brief Pain Inventory. 2021. Available at: https://www.mdanderson.org/research/departments-labs-institutes/departments-divisions/symptom-research/symptom-assessment-tools/brief-pain-inventory.html. Accessed: 8 September 2021.
- Opioid use in locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma patients and matched non-cancer controls.Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2021; 39 (e16517-e16517)
National Cancer Institute. Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program. Cancer Stat Facts: Bladder Cancer. 2021. Available at: https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/urinb.html. Accessed: 9 July, 2021.
- Epidemiology of Bladder Cancer: A Systematic Review and Contemporary Update of Risk Factors in 2018.Eur Urol. 2018; 74: 784-795
- Atezolizumab in Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma Outside Clinical Trials: Focus on Efficacy, Safety, and Response to Subsequent Therapies.Target Oncol. 2018; 13: 353-361
- Outcomes in patients with advanced urothelial carcinoma after discontinuation of programmed death (PD)-1 or PD ligand 1 inhibitor therapy.BJU Int. 2017; 119: 579-584
- Treatment (tx) characteristics of patients (pts) with locally advanced or metastatic urothelial cancer (mUC) receiving checkpoint inhibitor (CPI) monotherapy in a US clinical practice.J Clin Oncol. 2019; 37 (4526–4526)
- Real-world burden of illness and unmet need in locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma following discontinuation of PD-1/L1 inhibitor therapy: A Medicare claims database analysis.Urol Oncol. 2021; 39 (733 e731–733 e710)
- Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQOL) reporting in phase III randomized controlled trials (RCTs) of metastatic prostate adenocarcinoma (mPCa) and urothelial carcinoma (mUC).J Clin Oncol. 2019; 37 (478–478)
- Patient-Reported Outcomes, Health-Related Quality of Life, and Clinical Outcomes for Urothelial Cancer Patients Receiving Chemo- or Immunotherapy: A Real-Life Experience.J Clin Med. 2021; 10
- Health-related quality of life in the randomized phase 3 study of ramucirumab plus docetaxel versus placebo plus docetaxel in platinum-refractory advanced urothelial carcinoma (RANGE).BMC Urol. 2020; 20: 181
- Patient-reported outcomes and inflammatory biomarkers in patients with locally advanced/metastatic urothelial carcinoma treated with durvalumab in phase 1/2 dose-escalation study 1108.Cancer. 2020; 126: 432-443
Group EQoL. EORTC QLQ-C30 Reference Values. 2008. Available at: https://www.eortc.org/app/uploads/sites/2/2018/02/reference_values_manual2008.pdf. Accessed: August 17, 2020.
- Health-Related Quality-of-Life Analysis From KEYNOTE-045: A Phase III Study of Pembrolizumab Versus Chemotherapy for Previously Treated Advanced Urothelial Cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2018; 36: 1579-1587
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Prior Congress Presentations: Parts of these data have been presented at the ASCO Genitourinary Cancers Symposium 2021 Virtual Meeting, February 11–13, 2021.