- -Collecting duct renal cell carcinoma is an orphan disease.
- -Collecting duct renal cell carcinoma often presents with advanced stage at initial diagnosis.
- -Combination of cytoreductive nephrectomy and systemic therapy result in lowest mortality rates in metastatic collecting duct renal carcinoma.
Patients and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The 2016 WHO classification of tumors of the urinary system and male genital organs-part a: renal, penile, and testicular tumors.Eur Urol. 2016; 70: 93-105
- Collecting ducts carcinoma: An orphan disease. Literature overview and future perspectives.Cancer Treat Rev. 2019; 79 (Sep)101891
- Collecting duct renal cell carcinoma: a matched analysis of 41 cases.Eur Urol. 2007; 52 (Oct): 1140-1145
- Effect of collecting duct histology on renal cell cancer outcome.J Urol. 2009; 182 (Dec): 2595-2599
- Collecting duct carcinoma of the kidney: disease characteristics and treatment outcomes from the national cancer database.Urol Oncol. 2017; 35 (540.e13-540.e18)
- Characteristics and outcomes of tumors arising from the distal nephron.Urology. 2012; 80 (Jul): 140-146
- Collecting duct (Bellini duct) renal cell carcinoma: a nationwide survey in Japan.J Urol. 2006; 176 (Juldiscussion 43): 40-43
- Incidence, clinical characteristics, and survival of collecting duct carcinoma of the kidney: a population-based study.Front Oncol. 2021; 11727222
- Prognostic factors and a nomogram predicting overall survival and cancer-specific survival for patients with collecting duct renal cell carcinoma.Biomed Res Int. 2021; 20216736008
National Comprehensive Cancer Network, Kidney Cancer (Version 4.2022). Available at: http://www.nccn.org Accessed May 11, 2022.
- European association of urology guidelines on renal cell carcinoma: the 2019 update.Eur Urol. 2019; 75: 799-810
- Association between systemic therapy and/or cytoreductive nephrectomy and survival in contemporary metastatic non-clear cell renal cell carcinoma patients.Eur Urol Focus. 2021; 7 (May): 598-607
Howlader N, Noone, Krapcho M, et al Cancer statistics review, 1975-2018, SEER Statistics. Available at: https://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2018/. Accessed 11 May 2022.
R: the R project for statistical computing. Available at: https://www.r-project.org/. Accessed 11 May 2022.
- Comparison of survival outcomes in patients with metastatic papillary vs. clear-cell renal cell carcinoma: a propensity-score analysis.World J Urol. 2021; 39 (Feb): 461-472
- Survival after cytoreductive nephrectomy in metastatic non-clear cell renal cell carcinoma patients: a population-based study.Eur Urol Focus. 2019; 5 (May): 488-496
- Triple combination of bevacizumab, gemcitabine and platinum salt in metastatic collecting duct carcinoma.Ann Oncol. 2013; 24 (Dec): 2963-2967
- Prospective multicenter phase II study of gemcitabine plus platinum salt for metastatic collecting duct carcinoma: results of a GETUG (Groupe d'Etudes des Tumeurs Uro-Génitales) study.J Urol. 2007; 177 (May): 1698-1702
- Sorafenib in combination with gemcitabine plus cisplatin chemotherapy in metastatic renal collecting duct carcinoma: A prospective, multicentre, single-arm, phase 2 study.Eur J Cancer. 2018; 100: 1-7
- Metastatic collecting duct carcinoma of the kidney responded to sunitinib.Int J Clin Oncol. 2011; 16 (Apr): 153-155
- Cabozantinib as first-line treatment in patients with metastatic collecting duct renal cell carcinoma: results of the BONSAI trial for the Italian network for research in urologic-oncology (Meet-URO 2 Study).JAMA Oncol. 2022; 8: 910-913https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaoncol.2022.0238
- Nivolumab therapy for metastatic collecting duct carcinoma after nephrectomy: A case report.Medicine. 2018; 97 (Nov): e13173
- Complete response to combination therapy with nivolumab and ipilimumab for metastatic collecting duct carcinoma of the kidney.Int Cancer Conf J. 2020; 9 (Jan): 32-35
- Everolimus versus sunitinib for patients with metastatic non-clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ASPEN): a multicentre, open-label, randomised phase 2 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2016; 17 (Mar): 378-388