- •We conducted this survey to understand how the COVID pandemic has impacted affected managment treatment of patients with mHSPC. Fifty medical oncologists across Canada responded to the questionnaire.
- •Not surprisingly, an increased uptake of ARATs and reduced use of docetaxel was observed.
- •How this trend will impact the uptake of triplet therapy (ADT+Docetaxel+ARAT), downstream treatment choices and overall outcomes remains to be seen.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Canadian Cancer Statistics: A 2018 Special Report on cancer incidence by stage.Canadian Cancer Society, Toronto, ON2018 (Available at:)https://cdn.cancer.ca/-/media/files/research/cancer-statistics/2018-statistics/canadian-cancer-statistics-2018-en.pdf(accessed November 15, 2022)
- Studies on prostatic cancer: I. The effect of castration, of estrogen and of androgen injection on serum phosphatases in metastatic carcinoma of the prostate. 1941.J Urol. 2002; 168: 9-12https://doi.org/10.1016/s0022-5347(05)64820-3
- Chemohormonal therapy in metastatic hormone-sensitive prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 737-746https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1503747
- Abiraterone acetate plus prednisone in patients with newly diagnosed high-risk metastatic castration-sensitive prostate cancer (LATITUDE): final overall survival analysis of a randomised, double-blind, phase 3 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2019; 20: 686-700https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(19)30082-8
- Given R,et al. Apalutamide in patients with metastatic castration-sensitive prostate cancer: final survival analysis of the randomized, double-blind, phase III TITAN study.J Clin Oncol. 2021; 39: 2294-2303https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.20.03488
- Chi KN, Chowdhury S,et al. Enzalutamide with standard first-line therapy in metastatic prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 121-131https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1903835
- Abiraterone plus prednisone added to androgen deprivation therapy and docetaxel in de novo metastatic castration-sensitive prostate cancer (PEACE-1): a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 study with a 2 × 2 factorial design.Lancet. 2022; 399: 1695-1707https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(22)00367-1
- Blais N,et al. Prioritizing systemic therapies for genitourinary malignancies: Canadian recommendations during the COVID-19 pandemic.Can Urol Assoc J. 2020; 14: E154-E158https://doi.org/10.5489/cuaj.6595
- A real-world comparison of docetaxel versus abiraterone acetate for metastatic hormone-sensitive prostate cancer.Cancer Med. 2021; 10: 6354-6364https://doi.org/10.1002/cam4.4184
- Recommendations for the use of WBC growth factors: American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline update.J Clin Oncol. 2015; 33: 3199-3212https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2015.62.3488
- COVID-19 in cancer patients: risk, clinical features, and management.Cancer Biol Med. 2020; 17: 519-527https://doi.org/10.20892/j.issn.2095-3941.2020.0289
- Treatment intensification patterns and utilization in patients with metastatic castration-sensitive prostate cancer.Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2022; 20: 524-532https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clgc.2022.06.017
- Management of patients with metastatic castration-sensitive prostate cancer in the real-world setting in the United States.J Urol. 2021; 206: 1420-1429https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000002121
- Treatment patterns in men with metastatic castration sensitive prostate cancer (mCSPC) in the United States (US).J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38 (e19131 -e)
- Prevalence and outcome of COVID-19 infection in cancer patients: a national veterans affairs study.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2021; 113: 691-698https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djaa159
- Characteristics associated with hospitalisation for COVID-19 in people with rheumatic disease: data from the COVID-19 Global Rheumatology Alliance physician-reported registry.Ann Rheum Dis. 2020; 79: 859-866https://doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2020-217871
- A method for achieving high response rates in national surveys of U.S. primary care physicians.PLoS One. 2018; 13 (Published 2018 Aug 23)e0202755https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0202755