- •In France, PSMA-11 is granted by the National Agency for Medicine Security (ANSM) in selected prostate cancer patients.
- •PSMA-11 PET/CT detection rate in biochemical recurrence prostate cancer and negative choline PET/CT is not well known.
- •PSMA-11 PET/CT is able to detect occult biochemical recurrence even in a selected population of patients.
- •Majority of patients with a positive PSMA-11 PET/CT initiated a treatment.
Patients and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global Cancer Statistics 2020: GLOBOCAN estimates of incidence and mortality worldwide for 36 cancers in 185 countries.CA: Cancer J Clin. 2021; 71: 209-249
- EAU-EANM-ESTRO-ESUR-SIOG guidelines on prostate cancer-2020 update. Part 1: screening, diagnosis, and local treatment with curative intent.Eur Urol. 2021; 79: 243-262
- Recent trends in incidence of five common cancers in 26 European countries since 1988: analysis of the European Cancer Observatory.Eur J Cancer. 2015; 51: 1164-1187
- EAU-EANM-ESTRO-ESUR-SIOG guidelines on prostate cancer. Part II-2020 update: treatment of relapsing and metastatic prostate cancer.Eur Urol. 2021; 79: 263-282
- French ccAFU guidelines - update 2020-2022: prostate cancer.Prog Urol. 2020; 30: S136-S251
- Outcomes of observation vs stereotactic ablative radiation for oligometastatic prostate cancer: the ORIOLE phase 2 randomized clinical trial.JAMA Oncol. 2020; 6: 650-659
- Surveillance or metastasis-directed therapy for oligometastatic prostate cancer recurrence: a prospective, randomized, multicenter phase II trial.J Clin Oncol. 2018; 36: 446-453
- Oligorecurrent prostate cancer and stereotactic body radiotherapy: where are we now? A systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective studies.Eur Urol Open Sci. 2021; 27: 19-28
- Metastasis-directed therapy (SBRT) guided by PET-CT (18)F-CHOLINE versus PET-CT (68)Ga-PSMA in castration-sensitive oligorecurrent prostate cancer: a comparative analysis of effectiveness.Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2021; 19: 230-236
- Radiotherapy of oligometastatic prostate cancer: a systematic review.Radiat Oncol. 2021; 16: 50
- Good clinical practice recommendations for the use of PET/CT in oncology.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2020; 47: 28-50
- Prospective, multisite, international comparison of (18)F-fluoromethylcholine PET/CT, multiparametric MRI, and (68)Ga-HBED-CC PSMA-11 PET/CT in men with high-risk features and biochemical failure after radical prostatectomy: clinical performance and patient outcomes.J Nucl Med. 2019; 60: 794-800
- Prostate-specific membrane antigen PET-CT in patients with high-risk prostate cancer before curative-intent surgery or radiotherapy (proPSMA): a prospective, randomised, multicentre study.Lancet. 2020; 395: 1208-1216
- Novel PET imaging methods for prostate cancer.World J Urol. 2021; 39: 687-699
- Gallium-68 prostate-specific membrane antigen positron emission tomography in advanced prostate cancer-updated diagnostic utility, sensitivity, specificity, and distribution of prostate-specific membrane antigen-avid lesions: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur Urol. 2020; 77: 403-417
- PSA and PSA kinetics thresholds for the presence of (68)Ga-PSMA-11 PET/CT-detectable lesions in patients with biochemical recurrent prostate cancer.Cancers. 2020; 12: 398
- Clinicopathological predictors of positive (68)Ga-PSMA-11 PET/CT in PSA-only recurrence of localized prostate cancer following definitive therapy.Ann Nucl Med. 2019; 33: 326-332
- The positivity rate of 68Gallium-PSMA-11 ligand PET/CT depends on the serum PSA-value in patients with biochemical recurrence of prostate cancer.Oncotarget. 2019; 10: 6124-6137
- Diagnostic performance of (68)Ga-PSMA-11 (HBED-CC) PET/CT in patients with recurrent prostate cancer: evaluation in 1007 patients.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017; 44: 1258-1268
- Assessment of 68Ga-PSMA-11 PET accuracy in localizing recurrent prostate cancer: a prospective single-arm clinical trial.JAMA Oncol. 2019; 5: 856-863
- Imaging of prostate specific membrane antigen targeted radiotracers for the detection of prostate cancer biochemical recurrence after definitive therapy: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Urol. 2019; 202: 231-240
- Correlation between PSA kinetics and PSMA-PET in prostate cancer restaging: a meta-analysis.Eur J Clin Invest. 2019; 49: e13063
- Extent of disease in recurrent prostate cancer determined by [(68)Ga]PSMA-HBED-CC PET/CT in relation to PSA levels, PSA doubling time and Gleason score.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2016; 43: 397-403
- Survey by the French Medicine Agency (ANSM) of the imaging protocol, detection rate, and safety of (68)Ga-PSMA-11 PET/CT in the biochemical recurrence of prostate cancer in case of negative or equivocal (18)F-fluorocholine PET/CT: 1084 examinations.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2021; 48: 2935-2950
- Prostate specific antigen and prostate specific antigen doubling time predict findings on (18)F-DCFPyL positron emission tomography/computerized tomography in patients with biochemically recurrent prostate cancer.J Urol. 2020; 204: 496-502
- Impact of (68)Ga-PSMA PET on the management of patients with prostate cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur Urol. 2018; 74: 179-190
- 18)F-fluciclovine PET-CT and (68)Ga-PSMA-11 PET-CT in patients with early biochemical recurrence after prostatectomy: a prospective, single-centre, single-arm, comparative imaging trial.Lancet Oncol. 2019; 20: 1286-1294