- •Adverse events (AEs) associated with ipatasertib plus abiraterone were manageable and reversible.
- •AEs appeared rapidly after the initiation of treatment and with limited recurrence.
- •Prophylactic measures can reduce the impact of AEs, as in other studies of ipatasertib.
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- AKT as a therapeutic target for cancer.Cancer Res. 2019; 79: 1019-1031
- How can we turn the PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathway down? Insights into inhibition and treatment of cancer.Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2021; 21: 605-619
- The PI3K-AKT-mTOR pathway and prostate cancer: at the crossroads of AR, MAPK, and WNT signaling.Int J Mol Sci. 2020; 21: 4507
- Integrative clinical genomics of advanced prostate cancer.Cell. 2015; 161: 1215-1228
- Integrative genomic profiling of human prostate cancer.Cancer Cell. 2010; 18: 11-22
- PTEN protein loss and clinical outcome from castration-resistant prostate cancer treated with abiraterone acetate.Eur Urol. 2015; 67: 795-802
- Inhibitors in AKTion: ATP-competitive vs allosteric.Biochem Soc Trans. 2020; 48: 933-943
- Randomized Phase II study evaluating Akt blockade with ipatasertib, in combination with abiraterone, in patients with metastatic prostate cancer with and without PTEN loss.Clin Cancer Res. 2019; 25: 928-936
- Ipatasertib plus abiraterone and prednisolone in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (IPATential150): a multicentre, randomised, double-blind, phase 3 trial.Lancet. 2021; 398: 131-142
- FAIRLANE, a double-blind placebo-controlled randomized phase II trial of neoadjuvant ipatasertib plus paclitaxel for early triple-negative breast cancer.Ann Oncol. 2019; 30: 1289-1297
- Ipatasertib plus paclitaxel versus placebo plus paclitaxel as first-line therapy for metastatic triple-negative breast cancer (LOTUS): a multicentre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 2 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2017; 18: 1360-1372
Schmid P, Loirat D, Savas P, et al. Phase 1b study evaluating a triplet combination of ipatasertib, atezolizumab, and paclitaxel or nab-paclitaxel as first-line therapy for locally advanced/metastatic triple-negative breast cancer. AACR 2019. Abstract CT 049.
Schmid P, Savas P, Espinosa E, et al. Phase 1b study evaluating a triplet combination of ipatasertib (IPAT), atezolizumab, and taxanes (TAX) as first-line therapy for locally advanced/metastatic triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC). SABCS 2020. Poster PS12-28.
Dent R, Kim S-B, Oliveira M, et al. Double-blind placebo-controlled randomized phase III trial evaluating first-line ipatasertib combined with paclitaxel for PIK3CA/AKT1/PTEN-altered locally advanced unresectable or metastatic triple-negative breast cancer: primary results from IPATunity130 Cohort A. SABCS 2020. Abstract GS3-04.
- Epidemiology and genomics of prostate cancer in Asian men.Nat Rev Urol. 2021; 18: 282-301
- Biomarker analysis of the Phase III IPATential150 trial of first-line ipatasertib (Ipat) plus abiraterone (Abi) in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38: 182
- Impact of ethnicity on the outcome of men with metastatic, hormone-sensitive prostate cancer.Cancer. 2017; 123: 1536-1544
- Preliminary efficacy and tolerability of chemohormonal therapy in metastatic hormone-naive prostate cancer: the first real-life experience in Asia.Asia Pac J Clin Oncol. 2018; 14: 347-352
- Impact of patient ethnicity on the metabolic and immunologic effects of PI3K-mTOR pathway inhibition in patients with solid tumor malignancies.Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2014; 74: 359-365
- Management of toxicity to isoform alpha-specific PI3K inhibitors.Ann Oncol. 2019; 30: x21-x26
- Pan-AKT inhibitor capivasertib with docetaxel and prednisolone in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: a randomized, placebo-controlled phase ii trial (ProCAID).J Clin Oncol. 2021; 39: 190-201
Turner N, Dent R, O'Shaughnessy J, et al. Ipatasertib + paclitaxel for PIK3CA/AKT1/PTEN altered hormone receptor-positive HER2-negative advanced breast cancer: primary results from Cohort B of the IPATunity130 randomised trial. Oral presentation at: ESMO 2020. Abstract 283MO.
- Alpelisib for PIK3CA-mutated, hormone receptor-positive advanced breast cancer.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 1929-1940
- Time course and management of key adverse events during the randomized phase III SOLAR-1 study of PI3K inhibitor alpelisib plus fulvestrant in patients with HR-positive advanced breast cancer.Ann Oncol. 2020; 31: 1001-1010
- Phase I study of ipatasertib as a single agent and in combination with abiraterone plus prednisolone in Japanese patients with advanced solid tumors.Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2019; 84: 393-404
- Population pharmacokinetics of ipatasertib and its metabolite in cancer patients.J Clin Pharmacol. 2021; 61: 1579-1591
- HLA association with drug-induced adverse reactions.J Immunol Res. 2017; 20173186328
- HLA-A*02 alleles are associated with tetanus antitoxin-induced exanthematous drug eruptions in Chinese patients.Pharmacogenet Genom. 2016; 26: 538-546
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
S.B. and C.N.S. contributed equally to the work.